Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Uh...yeah.

So I have about 2000 words left to write before my Thursday deadline and I'm having a really tough time even figuring out where to start with this last chunk. This is the part where I'm supposed to look at the feminist pedagogues and the things they have done and critique it. It's supposed to be the smartest and most analytical part of my paper, or at least I think so. It should be the funnest part to write and yet I'm either scared or totally checked out. I've read SO much for this project (too much, that's part of the problem...) and last night I re-read an article that is really fabulous and I found myself, "why am I writing this?" I feel like I can't really add anything to the conversation. And anything I do say is going to be at least second rate (probably more like fourth rate), so what's the point? I mean, despite the fact this is the last hoop to jump through to get my MA...

When I wrote my honor's thesis at BYU, there was this huge emphasis on coming up with truly original and creative work. On the one hand, it added a lot of pressure. On the other, it was really exciting and had exigency based on that alone. Most of the time I feel like I'm just writing a book report. I mean, I've learned a ton! But I don't feel like the critique I could add would do much to further the discussion. And the discussion needs to be furthered because it's kind of dead at the moment....

So I'm going to go back to wandering (in high speed) aimlessly (which looks pretty silly) trying to come up with how to break into this section...

It REALLY doesn't help that I don't have all my materials and notes here. I've done A LOT of this work already and now I've got to go at it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment