Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Critical Mass

So I'm realizing I can really only get so many hours of work in a day before I get completely fried. It's a shockingly small amount. Previous to this last week, I had been doing all my work after Jane went to bed for about 4 hours. With Mom around and able this week to watch her a bit, I've been getting some excellent work during the day...but then I'm not able to get much if anything done in the evening. My motivation is waning, but I have to say that posting here about Agonism has REALLY helped me tackle it again today in my draft. I was like "I've talked about that intelligently before, people read it and no one made fun of me...I can do it again." So YAY blog!

I'm really starting to doubt the scope I've picked for this project and the style I've envisioned for it. Surprisingly, writing the typical academic tone comes pretty easy. It's more difficult for me to write in the style I used to for this stuff...when did that happen? Ack! I've been assimilated ;-) Resistance is futile.

P.S. I've been wanting to try popcorn with olive oil for a while now (since it's SO much better than butter), but I was scared. I took the plunge today and yum, yum. Granted, this olive oil is fantastic, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment