Saturday, June 13, 2009

En Guarde!

Yes, Agonism! Your time has come. I have dodged you in the past, hidden you in the shadows, left you barely existing in my drafts, condemned to cap-form: "DISCUSS AGONISM HERE." But I refuse to be afraid of you anymore. Today is the day we will do "battle." So dear Mr. Ong, take your best shot. Remember I'm a feminist, a peace-making middle child, and a Christian to boot so you can't expect me to "hit" back, at least in the way your agonistic rear would expect. I myself don't know what my "tactics" will look like. But I know that today I must engage you without fear.

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday! Watch the fierce battle between the Celibate Jesuit Priest and the Feminist Mormon Stay-at-Home Mom in the *Fight for Life! A clash of values, a contest of wit, a feud between the sexes! Enter the fray at 5:00 pm MST, IF YOU DARE!


*the name of Ong's book is Fighting for Life: Contest, Sexuality, and Consciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment